Liquorland is committed to protecting your privacy. We have robust systems in place to provide you with services and information tailored to your individual needs while complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy Act).
The Services are intended for use by people located in New Zealand and are not intended for use by anyone located outside of New Zealand.
• visit Liquorland stores;
• use Liquorland’s Click & Collect service where you can search for and purchase products through the Liquorland website (Online Shopping);
• use any of Liquorland’s websites and mobile applications;
• register to receive regular marketing communications; and/or
• any other services we provide now or in the future,
(together, the Services).
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOUR PRIVACY
From time to time we may collect or request personal information from you in the course of providing you, or by you accessing and using, the Services. Personal information is any information about you that identifies you, or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
3. WHAT INFORMATION MIGHT WE COLLECT?
The type of personal information we may collect when you access and use the Services includes your name, postal and delivery address, email address, phone number and any other information that we request.
In addition, in the course of using some of the Services (for example, Online Shopping or loyalty programmes), we may collect various other information from you, including demographic information (e.g. age, gender), mobile location data, order information (e.g. your preferences, purchases and returns history) and other information that we request.
You may register with Liquorland to receive regular marketing communications from us, for example via email. If you choose to register to receive regular marketing communications or to use any of the Services, you will need to provide us with certain personal information to create an account, which may include your name, age, postal address, email address, phone number and other requested information.
If you do not provide us with some of this information then you may not be able to access some or all of the Services, including the marketing communications available after registration.
4. WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information in order to provide you with, and allow you to access and use, the Services.
By accessing and using the Services, or by registering to receive marketing communications, you agree that we may collect, store and use any of your personal information including to do any of the following:
• To allow you to access and view your account created to receive the Services or marketing communications;
• To assist in providing the Services that you request, including to contact you about your use of the Services and process any orders placed through the Services. For example, if you place a Click & Collect order, we may contact you in relation to your transaction;
• To allow you to participate in competitions and promotions which may be available to Liquorland’s customers from time to time;
• To contact you for other Liquorland marketing and promotional purposes;
• To take actions required to keep your information secure;
• To enhance your overall experience of the Services;
• To provide or send you targeted marketing (or allow a third party to provide you) via email, online (including social media) or physical mail, with details of special offers, discounts, prize draws, loyalty programmes, competitions and information about products or services offered by Liquorland, or other third party providers, or other information that may be of interest to you, or your household;
• Identify and determine the benefits, offers or promotions that may be of interest to you, or household based on your use of the Services;
• To undertake data analytics, insights or data mining (including the anonymisation or aggregation of your personal information with other data to identify patterns and trends, and use the full benefit of that analysis);
• To build a view of you as a customer by collating all personal information that Liquorland, and our partners and service providers, hold about you, including collected via any Agency’ managed platforms or services, in a single profile, so that we can analyse and improve your experience and the services provided to you by Liquorland;
• To conduct research related to your use of the Services;
• Such other purpose we make known to you at the time of collection.
In doing so, your personal information may be combined with other personal information held by Liquorland, our partners and service providers.
Where possible, Liquorland will collect your personal information directly from you.
5. DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE ELSE?
In providing you with, or by you accessing and using, the Services, including where you register for an account to use the Services, we may sometimes need to disclose your personal information to others. By using one or all of the Services you agree that we may disclose your personal information for any of the purposes listed in the above section to:
• a Foodstuffs entity and its staff;
• a franchisee of Liquorland;
• to Loyalty New Zealand Limited (which operates Flybuys);
• to Air New Zealand Limited (which operates Airpoints);
• any relevant third party that offers goods or services that we think may be of interest to you;
• a third party outside of Liquorland who is contracted to us (or Foodstuffs) to provide a particular service to you on our behalf;
• a third party outside of Liquorland who is contracted to us (or Foodstuffs) to provide a particular service to us (or Foodstuffs);
• to our appointed payment provider to process your payments for purchases; and
• third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to the parties listed above.
6. COOKIES AND TRACKING
We may use the information generated by cookies to:
• track traffic patterns to and from the relevant website;
• ensure any content (which may include any advertising) is being shown to the most appropriate person; and
• enable us to serve targeted advertising to you (on our Site and elsewhere).
By using the Services you consent to the storing and accessing of cookies or other information on your device in connection with your use of the Site.
7. ANALYSIS TOOLS
We use various app, web and/or email analytics tools to collect information about your activity when you use the Services through one of our websites or mobile applications (e.g. Liquorland.co.nz, Online Shopping). The information we collect through the use of such analytics tools may be information about you (e.g. products, services, or specials that you engage with on the relevant website) or anonymous information (e.g. the number of visitors per day or the average amount of time spent on the relevant website). By accessing and using one of our websites, you consent to our use of such analytics tools to collect information about your access and use of the Services through that site.
8. DIRECT MARKETING AND CONSENT TO RECEIVING MESSAGES
When you register to receive marketing communications from us, your name and contact details will be added to our Liquorland database (and/or a database of Foodstuffs), and you consent to receiving messages from us by email, text message, or physical mail (depending on what information you provide us and your stated preferences).
All commercial electronic messages from us will contain an unsubscribe function if you no longer want to receive commercial electronic messages from us. You can unsubscribe from receiving emails from Liquorland at any time by clicking the link in any email you receive from us through to your account and changing your account preferences, by unsubscribing from an email itself, or by contacting the specified Liquorland email address (if applicable). To opt-out of receiving text messages from us, either reply ‘STOP’ to a text or update your account preference details. We will endeavour to update your account preferences as soon as possible. If you unsubscribe or cancel your registration we may not be able to provide you with all or some of the Services.
9. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Security of personal information is very important to us and we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, you acknowledge that security of the transmission of data over the internet can never be guaranteed, and it is your sole responsibility to protect access to any emails you receive from us that provide access to your account. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Liquorland will not be liable for any direct or indirect damage or loss if any third party gains unauthorised access to your information.
10. ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will be held by Liquorland Limited at 58 Roma Road, Mt Roskill 1041. Under the Privacy Act you have the right to access your personal information that we hold, and to have that information corrected and/or updated. You may be able to update some of your personal information online via your account. To otherwise access, correct or update information we hold about you please contact our Customer Support Centre on 0800 LL HELP (0800 55 4357). We will rely on the information that you have provided us so please ensure that information is accurate and kept up to date.
If you find that information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately and we will correct it. Our contact details are above.
Last updated: 8 December 2020